Here’s the latest on shops and the developing COVID-19 situation.
- In Cleveland, Wool & Willow (3475 Fairmount Blvd) in Cleveland Heights will be open 10 to 3 Tuesday through Saturday by appointment only.They are offering curbside pick-up and local delivery. Classes and stitch-ins are cancelled.
- In Florida, The Flying Needles (432 Indian Rocks Road North0 in Belleair Bluffs has reduced their hours to 11 to 3. Open stitching and classes are suspended. They are offering a 20% discount on sales and will do video consultations. If an order for you is received, they will contact you.
- In Virgina, Yarn Explosion (5227 Airport Road NW) in Roanoke will be open 3/17 from 10 to 1 for last minute shopping. After that the shop will be closed until the virus has run its course in the area.
- In South Carolina, Needlepoint Junction (1000 William Hilton Parkway, Ste J7E) on Hilton Head has postponed classes until further notice.
- In Baltimore, The Stitching Post (67 Mellor Ave) will be closed beginning March 18. Orders can be placed by phone, email or on their site. acairbside pick-up can be arranged.
- In San Francisco, LuvStitch (715 Bermuda Dr) in San Mateo and Old World Designs (727 Santa Cruz Avenue) in Menlo Park are closed = because their county has issued a shelter in place order.
- In the Twin Cities, 3 Kittens (750 Main Street, Suite 112) in Mendota Heights is open 10 to 2 Tuesday-Saturday by appoinment only. Classes, social events, and face-to-face coaching is cancelled through March 31. They are offering curbside service and are accepting finishing. They also offer virtual shopping trips through FaceTime and Skype.
- In Tucson, The West (5615 East River Road, Suite 101) will be closed through the end of the month.
- In Chicago, Emily’s Stitchery (1512 Shermer Road) in Northbrook will open weekdays from 10 to noon. Classes are cancelled for the time being.
- In Dallas, Creative Stitches and Gifts (12817 Preston Road, Suite 137) will be closed starting 3/17.
There will be another update about 10 PM (Pacific) if events warrant it.