Everything about the “New Old” Craft of Needlepoint
Needlepoint can be as hip as the latest designs in magazines, or it can be a timeless as an Old Master painting — it’s up to you!
Are you looking for a way to make clean modern designs with a retro feel? Do you want to make accessories for your traditional home? Have you wanted to make heirlooms for your children to cherish, but don’t want to buy stuff everyone else has? Is your life busy and do you want to find a craft which is portable, easy to do in small chunks of time AND fulfills your need to do something creative?
Then look no further — needlepoint is the craft for you!
Here you’ve found the one stop shop, so to speak. Beginners can learn with our free email course and beginning patterns. You can also explore all the material here. Stitchers with a little more experience can find information about all kinds of projects, including kits and counted canvas, threads, and supplies of all kinds.
You can learn about stitches and new techniques. You can take advantage of the expertise of almost 40 years of stitching, through our free “Ask Janet” feature.
And you can enjoy the most comprehensive directory of free projects available on the Web. Each link has a short description (done by our editors) and is checked regularly for accuracy.
Ready to get started?
Just click on one of the links below or along the left side of this page and begin your creative journey.
- Beginning Needlepoint – Beginning Needlepoint is easy! One stitch, floss, canvas, and a simple design, you can be stitching in minutes. Learn everything you need to know to get started.
- Needlepoint Thread – Wool, cotton, silk, or metallic, learn all about needlepoint thread.
- Needlepoint Accessories & Supplies – Learn about needlepoint accessories, blank needlepoint canvas, floor stands & other supplies.
- Stitches for Needlepoint – Stitches for Needlepoint has tons of information about different needlepoint stitches, diagrams, articles, ideas for stitch variations, and lots more.
- Needlepoint Instruction from Janet M. Perry – Needlepoint instruction for individuals and groups, including the popular free beginning needlepoint course
- Affordable Needlepoint Kits – Learn what is included in affordable needlepoint kits and how to spend your money wisely.
- Finishing Needlepoint – Finishing Needlepoint encompasses a whole world of ideas and techniques to complete your needlepoint projects.
- Needlepoint Techniques – There’s a world of great needlepoint techniques out there! Come explore them in depth.
- Bargello Needlepoint – Bargello needlepoint is the easiest form of needlepoint. This is the gateway to free bargello patterns, learning the stitch, the history of bargello, and specialized techniques like Four way Bargello.
- Needlepoint Instruction: Adaptation – Master needlepoint instruction on how to adapt all kinds of artwork, crafts and other items to stitching.
- Christmas Needlepoint – Gateway for all things christmas needlepoint, including decorating tips, galleries, free designs, and finishing ideas.
- Hand Painted Canvas Needlepoint – Hand painted canvas needlepoint is the most popular form. Learn to recognize the different types and everything you need to know to stitch a masterpiece.
- Needlepoint Stitch Guides – Learn about needlepoint stitch guides which help you stitch painted canvases.
- Needlepoint Patterns – Needlepoint Patterns provide the instructions to stitch a project in written and charted form. They are affordable, work for all types of stitchers and are easy to customize.
- Needlepoint Projects – Information on many kinds of needlepoint projects gathered in one place.
- Buy needlepoint – Education, printed and ebooks, custom services, stitch guides, and other items at my on-line shop.
- Needlepoint Questions Answered – Janet M. Perry, an expert on needlepoint, answers stitching questions free through this form.
- Contact All about Needlepoint – Contact All about Needlepoint.
- Nuts about Needlepoint – Visit Janet M. Perry’s regularly (daily) updated Blog, an encyclopedia of needlepoint and thread information.
- Needlepoint News – Information about exhibits, trunk shows, classes sales & more on this news-driven site.
- Stitch-ins & More – Listing of stitch-ins at guilds, shops, and more. Searchable by city, state, day of week, or month.
- About Janet – Learn about Janet M. Perry, the Internet’s top needlepoint expert and why she loves needlepoint.